Divisional School Board information is maintained at our divisional site. This link will open a new window to our divisional website. You can return to the school website at any time by minimizing or closing the new browser window.
2016 2017 Parent Council Fun Lunch Program
Parent Council Meetings
The next Parent Council meeting is:
Thursday, November 3, 2016 @ 6:30 pm
Parent Council Minutes
This service offers:
Customer Service Excellence
Commitment to Reducing our Environmental Footprint
If you have any questions about the options offered for a fun lunch or want to make arrangements for vegetarian options please feel free to contact our lunch lady:
Christine at 257-6873
Research indicates that when parents and the community are involved in a child's education, the child will exhibit a higher level of achievement at school. Because we know this to be true, we encourage parental and community involvement at Crestview School . Volunteers play an important role at our school. All students and staff are positively affected by their services and benefit a great deal from their contributions, support and assistance. A summary of this involvement during the school year follows:
- Parent Council
- Special Lunch Days
- Assistance in individual classrooms (classroom volunteers)
- Supervision on field trips
- Driving for events ( academic or physical education events)
- V.I.P. Readers for I Love To Read Month
- Vision & Hearing Screening
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Family Barbecue in June
- Physical Education & Sports Clubs
- Class parties
- Crestview School Run For Fun Fund Raising
- School committees such as Budget & Staffing and more...
The Crestview School Parent Council is a very active and involved group of parents. The Council meets on a monthly basis and all parents are invited to attend. Elections for the Parent Council Executive are held at the general meeting in September of every year.
The Parent Council is a non-profit organization emphasizing, but not restricted to, the following objectives:
- To act as a general liaison, between parents/residents in our area and the educators/support staff of Crestview School.
- To act as a resource organization to parents / residents, providing information and assistance on school / school division activities.
- To inform parents of programs within the school and to involve them in activities which will enable them to better assist their children with their school courses and studies.
- To raise funds, by various means, to meet these and other general initiatives.
Crestview School has consistently had approximately 120 volunteers every year for the past five (5) years. Their contribution to the school is remarkable!
The value of these contribution(s) put forward by the parents and community of Crestview School is immeasurable. The school would find it difficult if not impossible to put forth as many special activities as it does without the support of the Parent Council, parent volunteers and the community at large.
For additional information please contact Crestview Elementary School at 885-7710.